Login Tips & Tricks
Possible Login Error Messages
1. Could not connect to user database.
- You are using the wrong organization code. (Check prefix on username. ex: wes.username)
- You are attempting to login from the wrong home page.
- Canadian customers should login from login.pointclickcare.ca.
- U.S. customers should login from login.pointclickcare.com.
2. Invalid Username or Password
- Either the username or password is incorrect. Remember it is case sensitive!
3. Cannot login from your current location of 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx'.
- You are not a remote user and you are trying to access PointClickCare from a location that does not match what has been setup by your System Administrator in PointClickCare » Admin » Setup » Facility IP Address Mask.
4. Your Login has been suspended.
- Your user rights to PointClickCare have been disabled/revoked. Contact your administrator to enable your access.
5. Maximum number of Login attempts for this IP Address have been exceeded
- The system has been configured to allow a maximum number of login failures from a specific IP address.
- If this value has been exceeded, all users will not be allowed to login. Wait for 5 - 15 minutes to allow the system to reset this value.
- Users should then be able to login successfully with the correct username and password.
6. Keep Getting Logged out of PCC Before the Session Time Out Has Expired
- Even though the Session Time Out value has been set for 30 minutes, the system continues to automatically log a user off after 5 minutes. The reason for this is the system is storing temporary internet files, preventing the Session Time Out value from working correctly. To resolve this issue:
- Click on the Start button in the lower corner of the screen.
- Select the Control Panel option from the Start Up menu.
- In the Control Panel window, select Internet Options.
- In the Internet Properties pop up window, with the General Tab selected, click on the Delete Files button (IE6) or the Delete button (IE7) to delete the Temporary Internet files.
- Click OK to close the pop up.
- Open your browser and log back into PCC. The session Time Out Setting will now work correctly.
If none of the solutions above help you to gain access,
please contact our Support Desk via email
or by phone at 1-877-722-2431 Mon.- Fri. 8am to 8pm EST,
or 416-357-8379 after our business operating hours.